COVID-19 Updates & IHG Way of Clean
As a guest of Holiday Inn Express Blowing Rock South, we appreciate your loyalty and the trust you place in us as a travel partner.
Recognizing the ongoing and increased uncertainty that coronavirus (COVID-19) is causing around the world, our highest priority is the health and wellbeing of our guests and employees. With that in mind, we wanted to update you on the actions we have taken in response to the outbreak.
Cancellation Policy & Booking Flexibility
Given the flexibility our guests and customers need right now we have implemented the following policies:
For bookings made prior to April 6, 2020:
Bookings made prior to April 6, 2020, can be changed or cancelled for stays up to August 31, 2020, noting that:
- Hotels are subject to local law in the market in which they operate. Therefore, government legislation and regulations may supersede this policy in specific circumstances. (including the type and timing of the refund).
- If you cancel a rate which required a deposit or payment in advance, we will do everything we can to process your refund as quickly as possible. Refunds (which may be vouchers where allowed by local law) may take up to 90 days for hotels to process from the date of cancellation. Reservations may be changed without a fee but may result in different pricing.
- Exclusions may apply for time periods with special event restrictions or peak demand weeks.
- Bookings via a third-party: For bookings made through an online booking platform (e.g. Booking.com, Expedia) or third-party travel professionals, please contact them directly – we have advised these companies of our cancellation policy and you should refer to their terms and conditions.
- Groups & Meetings Bookings: We will work with customers to manage any changes needed to Group & Meeting bookings on a case by case basis. Our hotels are actively supporting groups and meetings organizers to address the needs of each group, including moving event dates to another time, in line with terms and conditions of that booking. Please contact the hotel the booking was made with to discuss further - If the hotel is unavailable, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We continue to monitor the evolving situation and will be keeping this policy under review.
For New Bookings:
We want to help you plan and book any future travel with confidence. So, we have several ways to support guests to amend travel plans as necessary:
- Book Now, Pay Later: This new rate offers flexibility and savings. With no deposit required and cancellations possible up to 24 hours before your stay for direct bookings, travel planning is commitment-free. Guests benefit from 5% or more off our Best Flexible Rate for bookings made up to September 3, 2020 for stays until December 30, 2020 (excluding Greater China).
- Best Flexible Rate: This rate offers maximum flexibility to change or cancel your reservation. For direct bookings, this rate can be fully changeable or refundable up to 6 pm (local hotel time) on the day of arrival (dependent on the hotels’ individual house policy).
- IHG Rewards Club Members Rates: Additional savings are available for IHG Rewards Club members on these Book Now, Pay Later and Best Flexible rates.
- IHG Rewards Club nights: You can change or cancel these bookings with no penalty prior to the time period set by the hotel.
- These rates, and others, have their own terms and conditions. This may include non-refundable pre-payment or other restrictions. Please refer to specific rate information when booking for further details - including cancellation terms. Changing the date on any reservations may result in different pricing.
IHG Way of Clean
As the world adjusts to new travel norms and expectations, we’re enhancing the experience for you – our hotel guests – by redefining cleanliness and supporting your wellbeing throughout your stay. We have expanded our commitment to cleanliness by:
- Using new science-led protocols and service measures by enhancing the IHG Way of Clean
- Partnering with industry leading experts Cleveland Clinic, Ecolab and Diversey
- Launching a global IHG Clean Promise
IHG Way of Clean already includes deep cleaning with hospital-grade disinfectants, and guests can expect to see evolved procedures throughout the hotel, which may include:
- Reception: Reduced contact at check-in, touchless transactions, front desk screens, sanitizer stations, sanitized key-cards, paperless check-out
- Public Spaces and Facilities: Additional deep cleaning of high touch surfaces, social distancing, guidance to implement ‘last cleaned’ charts, and best practices for pools, fitness centers and lounges
- Guest Room: Reduction of in-room furnishings/high-touch items, new laundry protocols, use of electrostatic technology (at select hotels) and the addition of in-room IHG Clean Promise cards with cleaning procedures
- Food & Beverage: New standards and service approach to buffets, banquets, room service , and catering
Good isn’t good enough – we’re committed to high levels of cleanliness. That means clean, well maintained, clutter free rooms that meet our standards. If this isn’t what you find when you check-in then we promise to make it right.